The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Southern Gentlemen and the Elusive Job Search

I've noticed one thing on the on-campus busses here at A&M. The more the country the boy looks the more likely he will give his seat up. All corp guys do too. I've also observed how foreign male students never give up their seats and then there's the inbetweeners (me included), and then there's classic A&M country. I give up my seat, but I really wish I could sit. I do realize then I'd look like a jerk.

My computer is now fixed. I also lost about 100 emails in the process. I had some I kept that I always thought someday I would go back and read. Have something to bring a smile. Then there were a few job opportunity ones. Those I wish I had.

The companies coming to career center do not excite me to the least bit. I just look at them and think blah. I can't sell. I doubt I could sell a snow cone on a hot summer day to a bum for free. Its just not my personality. Interview signups have slowly started, and every week I take it there will be more. I had the opportunity to interview with Wachovia Securities for an investment banking position. I decided to decline because life isn't worth working 100+ hours. I wouldn't survive, and I'd like to have a bit more fun. There's a few buying positions that interst me, but right now it is the energy company positions I truly desire. Me and probably every other Ag who is from Houston (so about half the student body). I thought I would have a good chance of finding employment, but it's starting to look a bit different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home