The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone"

Actually I can't. Still very cold. Still very overcast. Detroit. Motown. The Motor City. Also according to amagazine at BankOne(where I set up my account today) it is the most dangerous city in the US according to a poll that looks at murders, robbery, auto theft, rape, drug use, etc. Oh well, I kind of figured that. This city is more depressing than watching the movie Life is Beautiful. Now being from Houston we were excited when we able to shed (no pun intended) the fattest city image. Detroit now takes that honor along with the honors of one of the most illerate cities in the US. Second to last from El Paso.

Now its not all bleek here. I go about 30 mph over the speed limit on the interstates here. Its not because I have a company car and feel invinsible. It's just, well everyone else does, seriously EVERYBODY. If that makes me a follower then so be it. Then driving today trying to find a Target, I drove past a Texas Roadhouse. That made me smile. Anyone seen the movie 8 mile? Well I live almost right on 10 mile. So I'm just a short two mile jaunt from that now infamous boulevard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home