The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

ser·en·dip·i·ty "The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident"

It's also a romantic comedy staring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale I watched last night in my room. It got me thinking are we suppose to look for signs. Not only in love, but in life. If so then Detroit is screaming at me to leave. Friday, I met my main supervisor. I don't like him. He may be smart, he may be one of the best workers in the office. Still I need someone with a personality, someone who will at least say hey Dave how's it going. Instead I hope you are ready for work, we have lots of it(in the back of my head I was like no I don't).

Here's a wonderful thing about the United States second largest automanufacturer. Ford the company that really created mass production wants you to become injured. They hoped for more snow this month. They said sales and sale of parts would be great if there were some more winter accidents. That's the best attitude, I want to work for a company like that....oh wait I do.

The other day my book case came crashing to the ground. Instead of trying to fix it and mend the pieces, I bought a new one. It's better to start from scratch. Should I be doing the same with my job? The regional manager, the most important guy in our office just left without saying where. He left Ford and left it at that. I ate dinner with another girl who I've been training with and she is certain by month's end she will have left the company. Hmmmmmm.

Let's be fair though. Just like any other story, there is another side and one that shouldn't be overshadowed. However, mwah, being the author gets to influence the plot and the direction it goes. The pluses, Pac Man is still going to be hungry. There's only two. The pay and benefits is good for entry level marketing major. Second. Most of my co workers are nice. I don't really work with them though, my interaction now is due to fact I am in a shadowing phase. Still they seem to be wonderful people.

I'm not done here yet, but I just don't know if this place will ever feel like a home. I want to have that feeling again.

“In the quiet hours when we are alone and there is nobody to tell us what fine fellows we are, we come sometimes upon a moment in which we wonder, not how much money we are earning, now how famous we have become, but what good we are doing.” A.A. Milne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home