The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Update - Week of 2/11/07-3/3/07

Wall Street Journal
I was back on the road to Reston, but life happened. Visiting with my girlfriend, family emergency (later blog entry to come), Bachelor party, and preparing for a workshop. I have decided that if any one of my goals is to slip significantly this will be it. CNBC, cnn.com, and Fortune mag I'm sure will suffice for the time being.

Book - Trading Up
Author - Michael J. Silverstein & Neil Fiske
Rating - 4 stars
Review - I still have 40 pages or so to go, but I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys marketing. Brand management to advertising. This book describes the new luxury..meaning products or services that are to be better than the middle of the range, but yet not out of reach for many consumers. McDonalds too fast food, try Panera. Want something more than a Ford, but less than a Rolls, look at a BMW. Maybe these references aren't the greatest, but this book teaches us how the leadership at these companies went about truly developing a succesful business and targeting a specific type of customer.

Book - Revolutionary Wealth
Author - Alvin & Heidi Toffler
Rating - TBD
Review - I did not want to pack Trading Up on my two week trip to Virginia and Houston since I had only 40 pages to go. So I started on this little jem. I'm about half way through this book, but so far I'm enjoying it. It reminds me a lot of Thomas Friedman "World is Flat." It takes a look at the global business climate and specific areas where today's younger generations may want to look for wealth opportunities. More to come once book is completed.

GMAT
Busy living

MBA, Scholarships, Research more into what degree/focus and where I would like to attend
Busy living

Songs (just something for you to enjoy..sorry if I repeat any ever)
1. Better Than Ezra "Porcelain"
2. Turin Brakes "Rain City"
3. Matt Wertz "Even the Streets"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home